This is the throw I was making during my lunch hours at work. But then we had our working hours changed, and we only have 20 minutes for lunch, so I eventually brought the "kit" home.
It was a lot of "fun" trying to stitch with a new kitten around ... Plus I now have to take my glasses off to see the stitching!! But I managed to finish sewing up the pinwheels, and now I have to quilt it (on my new - 2014 - sewing/quilting Brother!) and use it.
I didn't realise that I would end up with all the bulky folds in the centre of each pinwheel, so it doesn't look 100% great, and it was very difficult to stitch right into the corners of each piece ... But if it doesn't fix it when I do the quilting, I'm thinking of adding buttons to each centre of the pinwheels - it would actually look more like real pinwheels too.
Here is a a picture of the completed throw top. (It doesn't look at all bad ...)